- Right click on Desktop (Anywhere except on the shortcuts) >> New >> New Text Document and name it as x.bat
Important Note: Make sure you can see the file extensions by doing the following:
Open File Explorer >> View >> Click on “Options” which opens ‘Folder options’ >> Go to “View” tab >> Uncheck “Hide extensions of known file types” and Apply.
- Open x.bat in Notepad and write just:
and save it.
- Now right-click your file and click “Open with” and then “Choose another app” then “Look for another application on this PC”
- Look for the x.bat in Desktop.
- After it fails to open, delete the fake x.bat.
- Now it’ll disassociate.