How to manage products attributes in Woo Commerce
In order to add new attributes, you should perform the following:
- Open WordPress administration panel;
- Go to Products -> Attributes tab
- Input the following values: Name, Slug, Type and Default Sorting for your attribute. Click Add Attribute.
- The attribute is added, and now you can input the attribute values. Click Configure terms.
- Input the following data for the attribute value : Name, Slug, Description. You can also select a Parent item if it exists..
- Click the Attributes tab in order to add more attributes and their values.
- In order to apply the attributes to a product, navigate to Product -> Add Product. Enter product name and product description. Scroll down to the Product Data field, and select Variable Product
- Fill in product information.
- Navigate to the Attributes tab. In the drop-down menu select one of your created attributes and click Add.
- Select the values for your attribute. Select Used for variations checkbox. You can also display the attributes in product information tab. Click Save attributes when all the attributes are added.
- Go to Variations tab. Select values for a default product variant. Click Add Variation in order to create a new product variant.
- Enter your new product variation details like Attribute values, prices, quantity, etc..
- Add as many variations as you need. Set the Featured image for your product or apply a product gallery. Assign the product to a category.
- Click Publish in order to add the product to the catalogue.
- Check your newly created product on the front-end, you will be able to see the attributes drop-downs that form the product variations.