WHMCS – Network Issues
Creating an Issue
- To add a new issue, go to Support > Network Issues > Add New
- Begin by entering a title summarising the issue
- Next, select the type of issue which can be Server related, System related or Other. If server, you need to choose the server in the corresponding dropdown, otherwise enter the affected items details in the System/Other box.
- Now choose a priority and status for the new issue – statuses consist of Reported, Investigating, In Progress & Outage for current issues, Scheduled for future Issues, and Resolved for completed issues.
- Finally, you need to enter a description of the issue. This can include HTML formatting and so a rich text editor is provided.
- Once completed, click the Save button.
Updating an Issue
With some issues, you may need to make status updates during the course of the issue. To do this, locate the issue and click on the title to make changes to it. From here you can edit any of the fields you need to and then save the changes once completed.
NB: Issues are shown in the client area in order of last updated, and so editing an issue will bring it back to the top of the list.
Closing an Issue
Once an issue is completed, you need to set it to closed. You can do this from the network issues listing in the admin area by clicking the Close link next to it. This will automatically set the end date to the current date/time and update the status to Resolved.
Allowing Public Access
By default, the network issues section of the client area requires a user to login before they can view it. However, you can
remove this requirement and allow public access by adjusting the setting in Setup > General Settings > Support > Network Issues Require Login.
When a client is logged in and views the network status page, any issues relating to servers on which they have accounts will be highlighted in a gold colour by default. This will help clients quickly identify information which is relevant to them.