Wifite : Hacking Wifi The Easy Way : Kali Linux
Features Of Wifite
- Sorts targets by signal strength (in dB); cracks closest access points first
- Automatically de-authenticates clients of hidden networks to reveal SSIDs
- Numerous filters to specify exactly what to attack (wep/wpa/both, above certain signal strengths, channels, etc)
- Customizable settings (timeouts, packets/sec, etc)
- “Anonymous” feature; changes MAC to a random address before attacking, then changes back when attacks are complete
- All captured WPA handshakes are backed up to wifite.py’s current directory
- Smart WPA de-authentication; cycles between all clients and broadcast deauths
- Stop any attack with Ctrl+C, with options to continue, move onto next target, skip to cracking, or exit
- Displays session summary at exit; shows any cracked keys
- All passwords saved to cracked.txt
- Built-in updater: ./wifite.py -upgrade
I find it worth mentioning here, that not only does it hack wifi the easy way, it also hack in the best possible way. For example, when you are hacking a WEP wifi using Wifite, it uses fakeauth and uses the ARP method to speed up data packets (I wrote a full length post about something which it does automatically!).
Hacking WEP network
You might even have used the command
If you see any error at this stage move to the bottom of the page for troubleshooting tips. If your issue is not listed please comment. We reply within a day.
The -wep makes it clear to wifite that you want to hack WEP wifis only. It’ll scan the networks for you, and when you think it has scanned enough, you can tell it to stop by typing ctrl+c. It’ll then ask you which wifi to hack. In my case, I didn’t specify -wep so it shows all the wifis in range.
You can also select all and then go take a nap (or maybe go to sleep). When you wake up, you might be hacking all the wifi passwords in front of you. I typed one and it had gathered 7000 IVs (data packets) within 5 mins. Basically you can except it to hack the wifi in 10 mins approx. Notice how it automatically did the fake auth and ARP replay.
Note, the limitation that many reader on my blog are beginners forbid me from introducing too many attacks. I made a tutorial about ARP replay attack, and that too was detailed as hell. However, Wifite makes it possible for you to use any method that you want to use, by just naming it. As you saw in the screenshot above, the fragmentation attack was carried out just by typing -frag. Similarly, many other attacks can be played with. A good idea would be to execute the following-
This will tell you about the common usage commands, which will be very useful. Here is the list of WEP commands for different attacks-
-wep only target WEP networks [off]
-pps <num> set the number of packets per second to inject 
-wept <sec> sec to wait for each attack, 0 implies endless 
-chopchop use chopchop attack [on]
-arpreplay use arpreplay attack [on]
-fragment use fragmentation attack [on]
-caffelatte use caffe-latte attack [on]
-p0841 use -p0841 attack [on]
-hirte use hirte (cfrag) attack [on]
-nofakeauth stop attack if fake authentication fails [off]
-wepca <n> start cracking when number of ivs surpass n 
-wepsave save a copy of .cap files to this directory [off]